Friday, April 12, 2013

Playtime

I am super excited about a new quilt I'm starting for a fellow co-worker's god-daughter. She wanted pink and green but didn't care about anything else. I came up with this idea to do a princess tiana quilt, you know the princess and the frog. Plenty of green right! This is one of my all time favorite animations and I'm so excited I can't even begin to tell you. I start off with a simple coloring book page and blow it up about 220%. This little gem will be the center of the quilt.





Now began tracing all the elements of the picture. You can add as little or as much detail as you want.  I just kinda go with the flow and let the moment dictate what details I will add. By the time I start stitching, I will have probably changed my mind a hundred times anyway. I decided to add the details to my tracing now because it makes for easier transferring to the fabric. Next I get to cut out all the pieces on the line. I place them in little sandwich baggies until I'm ready for them.



Now begins the really fun part. I get to dig through my stash and pick out fabrics for her clothing.   this is so much fun.  It reminds me of the times I would play with paper dolls when I was younger.  Some of the fabrics I'm deciding on are below.  This is always so hard for me because I just want to use everything:)  I realized while doing this project, that I don't have as much green fabric as I thought.  Oh well, I see a fabric shopping trip in the near future.  I think i'm loving the shiny brocade like fabric. I'm just a little apprehensive because it's slippery. I got it eons ago in the fashion fabric section when I wanted to make Barbie doll clothes. I still may try it just to see how it goes.





Well that's all for now, I gotta get stitching. Can't wait to show you guys more progress. Happy quilting

 

No comments:

Post a Comment